Saraswathi Vidyalaya was founded in May 1991 by late Prof. N. C. Nair, an eminent educationist under Ananthapuri Educational Society, a philanthropic and charitable Institution. The school follows the syllabus prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) 10+2 system. Within a short span of 21 years, the school has grown into a gigantic educational complex consisting of more than 3900 students, 270 teaching and non-teaching staff.
The school is situated in the serene surroundings of Arappura, Vattiyoorkavu, Trivandrum. Saraswathi Vidyalaya, a reputed institution dedicated to the promotion of education and culture was set up in 1991 with the objective of ensuring excellence in the area of education. The Ananthapuri Educational Society - a charitable society registered under the Travancore - Cochin Educational and Charitable Societies Act of 1955, set up this institution. Saraswathi Vidyalaya is a Senior Secondary School affiliated under Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. The school is a recipient of ISO 9001-2000 certification for excellence in imparting education, perhaps second in whole of Kerala. It has in its rolls more than 3900 students, comprising of Nursery, Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Senior secondary levels.
Over the past twenty one years, the school has been providing the highest standards of education, along with equal stress on the development of the overall personality of the student. The emphasis has been to develop the intellectual, physical, aesthetic, mental and moral aspects inherent in the child, together with developing the qualities of leadership in those who are our nation's future. Locality The school is spread out into about 5 acres of land in heart of the city, but in a serene green belt on PTP Nagar - Vattiyoorkavu road. So you have all the facilities of the city as well as a congenial atmosphere which is apt and essential for learning.